|"Slap Ya Mama"™ Chicken Thighs|
Now that he doesn't travel as often, my souvenirs come less frequently, but that doesn't mean that they've diminished in thoughtfulness. Not too long ago, Mr. B had reason to travel to Texas and since Texas is in such close proximity to Louisiana, it's always a good place for him to stock up on some of the back-home groceries that we so dearly love. Sometimes, however, Mr. B will find something new, some little treasure that he just knows will tickle my fancy.
Imagine then, my giddiness and joy when he opened his suitcase, slipped his hand quickly into one of the many pockets and like a magician, pulled out a bright yellow can with the words, "Slap Ya Mama"™ prominently displayed across the label. Forgetting my manners and in the midst of a burst of laughter, I grabbed the can from his hands and greedily read the label and then popped it open for both a deep whiff and a generous taste.
It just about blew my head off. This stuff is spicy. It's fiery hot--definitely the stuff a heat junkie such as myself had previously only dreamt about. I couldn't wait to get this stuff on some chicken and give Mr. B some good home cooked lovin'. So, that night, for the first time, I made my now famous, life-changing "Slap Ya Mama"™ chicken thighs. And let me tell you, I'll never get tired of seeing Mr. B sit down to a plate of these, watch as his eyes well-up with tears, and listen as he whispers across the table, "Girl, Your thighs make me crazy!"
This recipe will change your life.
2 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cups All purpose flour
1/2 cup "Slap Ya Mama"™ Original Seasoning
2 T. Canola oil
Olive oil in a mister/sprayer
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Put flour into a plastic zip bag and add seasoning mix; shake to thoroughly combine.
3. One at a time, shake the chicken thighs in the seasoned flour until they are thoroughly covered. As you finish, set the chicken thighs off to the side and continue coating the remaining thighs.
4. On a large sheet pan (I love the industrial ones that you can pick up in a restaurant supply store) spread the canola oil in an even layer to completely cover the pan.
5. Arrange the chicken thighs on the sheet pan.
6. Lightly spray the tops of the chicken thighs with olive oil.
7. Put in the oven and cook until the bottoms begin to brown, then flip the chicken over.
8. Increase the oven temperature to 400º.
9. Cook the chicken, flipping it occasionally, until it is golden brown and crispy.
10. Serve them up!
This is SPICY and delicious. It's wonderful served with coleslaw.