Fresh from the Sea
|Grilled Shrimp and Scallops|
When I was a kid, I hated fish with a passion. Even shrimp. And when it was on the dinner menu, I'd chew it up and then when my parents weren't looking, I'd spit it into my napkin and then, after dinner, I'd flush it down the toilet. I'm not sure how I got away with it for as long as I did, but nobody nowhere was going to make me eat seafood. Ever.
But, that was a long time ago. Now, I can't get enough--I love seafood. I would eat it everyday of the week if I could and when it comes to salmon and tuna sashimi, I could eat it for breakfast day in and day out. I especially love shellfish, most especially boiled crabs. But right up on the top of my list are scallops and of course, shrimp. So, for our seafood Friday, we're grilling up shrimp and scallops, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and then drizzled with olive oil, butter, lemon and garlic.
Mr. B knows better than to leave me alone, even for a minute, with these delicious tidbits; I'd eat every last one of them and never feel a bit of remorse.
Grilled Shrimp and Scallops
1 pound of large shrimp
1 pound of medium scallops
salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 lemon, juiced
3 garlic toes, finely chopped
1. Devein the shrimp and rinse.
2. Thread shrimp and scallops onto metal skewers, just so they're touching, but don't overcrowd them.
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
4. Grill until cooked through, but don't over cook them, especially the scallops.
5. Mix together the olive oil, butter, lemon juice and garlic; drizzle over the cooked seafood.