Hotter than Hello Chipotle Coleslaw
|Mel's Chipotle Coleslaw|
But, I pack a punch at the shrimp fry myself. I bring a bowl of my
1 medium head of green cabbage, finely shredded
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 bunch of fresh cilantro, picked, washed, and finely chopped (reserve some for garnish)
2 apples (Fuji, Green, Gala) cored, coarsely chopped
4 stalks of celery, cleaned and finely chopped (I like to pick inner stalks with some leaves on them)
Small handful of shredded carrots, or one medium carrot, finely shredded
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup low fat yogurt (you can use Greek yogurt for added creaminess)
1/4 to 1/3 cup of light mayo (I love the Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil)
2 HEAPING tablespoons chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce (I scoop up as much additional adobo as possible; I also leave my seeds in the peppers because I like a lot of heat)
Apple cider vinegar to thin (about 1/4 cup total)
1 tablespoon Celery seed
1 heaping teaspoon of Chipotle Ground Chili
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix dressing ingredients into bowl or container. I like to use a square plastic container big enough to fit all of my ingredients into.
2. Taste dressing and make sure it's to your liking; I like mine to be super hot to start, because once it sets and 'wilts' the vegetables, the heat does tend to drop a few notches.
3. Toss in slaw ingredients and turn to coat with dressing.
4. Continue to stir every 10-15 minutes until wilted, but crisp.
5. Top with reserved, chopped cliantro.