|Spicy Cornbread and Beef Casserole|
Remember the delicious Shredded Beef with Chipotle Peppers I whipped up a few months ago? Remember how I mentioned to pack some away in your freezer for a quick meal? Well, it's time to take advantage of thinking ahead and while it's an easy meal to prepare, it's pretty darn delicious, too. All you need to complete things is to whip up a batch of my jalapeño, cilantro, cheese and green onion cornbread, a dollop or two of sour cream and few cilantro leaves for a garnish.
I call it easy, but you'll call it delicious. Oh, and don't worry about it being too spicy; the freezer really tempers the original spiciness of the beef.
Spicy Cornbread and Beef Casserole
2 cups of leftover Shredded Beef with Chipotle Peppers
1 box of Jiffy Cornbread mix (this stuff ROCKS!!) mixed according to package directions
2-3 tablespoons of chopped jalapeño pepper
2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2-3 tablespoons of chopped green onion tops
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1. Spray a casserole with nonstick spray.
2. Add shredded beef; pat out to cover bottom of casserole pan.
3. Add jalapeño, cilantro, green onion and cheese to mixed cornbread.
4. Spread cornbread mixture over the beef and bake until beef is hot and cornbread is golden brown.
5. To serve: top with a dollop or two of sour cream and cilantro.