Hello National Hot Toddy Day!
|A Better Cure for Whatever Ails You|
Though there are many versions--some quite elaborate--of the Hot Toddy, I much prefer my recipe, or more appropriately, the version that Mr. B first made me many years ago when we were living in San Francisco and I had a terrible case of pneumonia that I just couldn't shake. Of course, back then, I did need medical intervention, but the powers of this magical elixir certainly hastened my recovery. Plus, who is ever going to say no to a little hot brandy to soothe one's soul and kick off a night of delightfully uninterrupted slumber? Not me!
Here's my recipe. Follow it exactly, or play around and concoct your own version. I'd love to see your recipe, too, so please share.
Mr. B's Hot Toddy
3 bags of Tazo Calm Chamomile Tea
1/3 of a cup honey
1 Myer lemon, juiced
Brandy, to taste--I prefer it quite brisk
1. Bring a tea kettle of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, add the lemon juice and honey to a clean 4 cup glass measuring cup and hang the tea bags so they won't fall into the hot water.
3. Once the water is hot, pour it into the prepared measuring cup and allow the tea to steep.
4. Pour into a cup and add brandy to taste.
5. There's enough to share, but there's a lot to be said for being selfish--especially if you're feeling under the weather.